If you own a pet, you know how much joy it brings into your daily life. It makes you forget your busy day at work and helps you relax. But it’s a huge responsibility, too: you need to take care of it properly. Feeding, washing, and brooming are already on your to-do list, but you shouldn’t forget one more crucial thing: its cage.
Keeping your pet’s cage hygienic isn’t only beneficial to your furry friend. It also prevents pathogens from spreading throughout your household. So what tools and supplies do you need to keep your pet cage spotless? House cleaners from Napa, CA, share 11 valuable tips with you today. Keep reading to find out more!
What tools do I need for pet cage cleaning?
You’ve probably seen numerous commercials advertising various pet cage-cleaning tools, and you may feel confused. Which of these do you really need to clean your little friend’s enclosure efficiently?
Well, the list isn’t as long as you think. Check it out:
- A small brush and dustpan are inevitable parts of your pet cage maintenance arsenal. You’ll need them to remove loose debris.
- Alternatively, you may use your vacuum cleaner with appropriate attachments to suck in shed fur, particles, and debris from the cage and its surroundings.
- A medium bristle scrub brush is perfect for dealing with tough stains and heavily soiled areas. You just need to choose the size suitable for the cage and ensure it won’t damage the material.
- Microfiber cloths are excellent for innumerable cleaning challenges around your home. They’re positively charged, so they trap negatively charged impurities effectively without leaving any streaks. You can use them to wipe the cage’s interior and exterior.
- If you’re a DIY-er and enjoy making your solutions, you’ll also need a spray bottle to help you evenly distribute your mixture.
- Finally, you might need a toothbrush to address crevices and other hard-to-reach spots.
What supplies do I need to clean a pet cage?
To make your pet’s cage shiny, you’ll need the following supplies:
- You need to choose cleaning solutions carefully. Look for pet-safe disinfectants or cleaners that effectively kill bacteria and eliminate odors. Avoid harsh and heavily fragranced chemicals, as these can harm your pets. Make sure you read the instructions carefully before using any product.
- If you don’t like store-bought cleaners, you can use your own homemade alternatives, such as dish soap, baking soda, and white vinegar. You just need to rinse the solutions thoroughly lest your pets digest them.
- You’ll also need plenty of warm water to combine with the product and rinse the cage.
- Don’t forget to protect your hands while cleaning, so make sure to wear gloves.
- For disposing of waste, dirty cleaning supplies, and soiled bedding, you’ll also need waste disposal bags. Ensure they’re properly sealed and disposed of in an adequate waste container.
Where can I find trustworthy house cleaners in Napa, CA?
If cleaning isn’t up your alley, no need to worry about it. Valencia Pro Cleaning is there for you. We cooperate with trustworthy professionals passionate about making your home in Napa spotless.
They apply tried-and-true maintenance methods that will make a real difference in your living space. On top of that, they only use EPA-approved tools and supplies that won’t endanger your well-being. On the contrary, they’ll ensure a healthy environment for your family. Would you like to try sea kayaking on the Napa River? With top industry professionals at your service, you finally have time for that. Book an appointment now!