Just like the kitchen, your bathroom requires quite a bit of attention if it is to stay clean and healthy. Luckily, you can keep germs at bay with ease if you follow the bathroom disinfection tips and tricks that we’ve prepared for you.
If you want to keep your Angwin home free from dangerous viruses and bacteria, you should be aware of the proper cleaning and disinfection techniques used by a professional house cleaning service. This way, you will be able to sanitize your floors effectively, as well as maintain a germ-free environment in your kitchen without breaking your back.
Keep reading to find out how you should disinfect your bathroom.
How do you disinfect a bathroom?
Removing germs from your bathroom can be a piece of cake if you know how to do it properly. It is essential that you choose suitable disinfecting agents and know just how to clean and then disinfect all surfaces for the best results. Here are some tips:
- Use soap and water to clean all surfaces in your bathroom. Wash the sink, faucet, toilet, tub, and all door knobs and handles. This will remove all the grime and dirt that may have accumulated on these surfaces and prepare them for disinfection.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of bleach and 1 quart of water in a spray bottle. Shake it and then spray it on all surfaces in your bathroom. You can also use a store-bought disinfectant, as long as it is approved by EPA for this purpose.
- Let the surfaces air-dry completely if you use bleach. If you use a ready-made disinfectant, check the label for instructions.
- Flush your toilet and pour one cup of bleach once the water reaches the lowest level.
- Use a brush to scrub the bowl and let the bleach sit on the surface for about 10 minutes before you flush the toilet.
- Use the same water/bleach solution to mop the floors and let them air dry.
How often should you disinfect your bathroom?
The appropriate frequency of cleaning and disinfection will depend on a number of factors specific to you and your lifestyle. Naturally, the more people use the bathroom, the more frequently it should be cleaned and disinfected.
Additionally, some areas in your bathroom will require more frequent cleaning and disinfection than others. The sink, for example, is used extensively every day, which makes it a great breeding ground for bacteria and germs. Make sure to clean it regularly, daily or every other day, in order to protect yourself and your family from microbes.
The toilet bowl is another high-traffic area in your bathroom that should be cleaned on a regular basis. If possible, pour an appropriate disinfectant (bleach or a specific toilet disinfectant) into the bowl every day, use the toilet brush to scrub, and then flush the toilet to destroy any germs that may be lurking. Of course, disinfecting the toilet every couple of days is also fine if you don’t have the time to do it every single day.
Let us match you with the #1 Angwin house cleaning service
The safety and wellbeing of your family should never be compromised, especially in the challenging circumstances we are all in. However, if you feel like you aren’t well-equipped to eradicate harmful germs from your home, seeking help from professionals may be the best path to take.
Valencia Pro Cleaning Referral Agency is here to help you maintain a healthy and safe home without wasting your time and effort. We will connect you with experienced cleaners in the Napa County area who can clean your home to the highest standards, making sure you and your family are safe. Reach out to us today!