No matter how much time and effort you put in keeping your home clean, you can never get rid of dust completely. So, is there a way to keep dust in check?
Let us help by giving you useful tips for keeping a dust-free home, or even better, let us take care of the cleaning for you! As the finest cleaning service in Calistoga, we can match you with experienced cleaning pros who will clean your home to perfection and keep the dust at bay.
Why is there so much dust in my house?
Is your home always dusty no matter how often you clean your home? The reason why you have so much dust in your house may have to do with where you live. If you live in a city, you will inevitably have to deal with more dust than someone who lives in the country because of all the traffic. Another factor that may increase the amount of dust is being close to major roads or construction sites.
If you don’t think that your home is dusty because of where you live, here are some other possible culprits:
- Your AC filter is dirty. You should clean or replace your AC filter once a month if you want to make sure it can keep dust from entering your house.
- You use an inefficient vacuum. Unless your vacuum has a high-quality HEPA filter, vacuuming your carpets too frequently can make your dust situation worse.
- You only dry-dust. Using only a dry cloth to remove dust will just move the dust around your home. Make sure to wet wipe the surfaces after dry dusting for the best results.
Does opening windows reduce dust?
Many homeowners seem to think that keeping the windows open can help with keeping a home dust-free. Unfortunately, that’s not actually true, especially if you live downtown or near a mine. Unless you live in the countryside, make sure to close the windows when you leave the house and get a bug net if you need to keep them open for longer periods of time.
How do I keep my house dust-free?
Maintaining good air quality and keeping dust in check are essential if you want to protect your family’s health. Here are some tips that can help you keep your home healthy and dust-free:
- Keep your floors clean and clutter-free. Vacuum and mop the floors once a week and remove unnecessary clutter to make them easier to clean.
- Get rid of your carpets. Carpets collect a lot of dirt and germs, no matter how often you vacuum and dust your home. Consider throwing them out.
- Clean with a damp cloth. After you dry dust all surfaces in your home, use a clean damp cloth to remove dust effectively.
- Clean starting at the top. Always clean top to bottom to pick up any dust that may have fallen on your furniture or the floor.
- Change bed sheets regularly. Keep dust mites away by washing and replacing your linens every week.
Wave dust goodbye with the #1 cleaning service in Calistoga
You won’t always have the time needed to maintain a dust-free home. With all the other obligations you have to take care of, it can be hard to keep cleaning at the top of your to-do list.
Why not reach out to Valencia Pro Cleaning Agency and have seasoned hygiene experts take care of your chores? While they’re working their magic, you can use your free time to explore Pepperwood Preserve and enjoy the wonders of nature. Contact us today!