The best parties leave the biggest mess behind, that’s just a fact of life. If you’ve recently hosted a party at your house, you probably know this first-hand. Luckily, this comprehensive checklist for making your home shine after a party will make all the dirt and clutter a thing of the past.
There’s so much you have on your plate as a party host, we’re well aware of that. Unless you make sure to vacuum your house every day and maintain a good level of cleanliness on a regular basis, you’ll also have to clean your house thoroughly before the party starts.
That’s why relying on experienced house cleaners in Calistoga is the most convenient and efficient way to maintain a spotless home before, during, and after a party. Read on to learn how they can make your house look immaculate after all the guests leave!
What do you do after a party?
Once the party’s done and all the guests have gone to sleep, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with all the waste and clutter that’s left behind. However, you’ll find the cleaning much easier if you tackle at least some of the work before going to bed. Make sure to:
- Declutter: You can make light work of your after-party cleaning if you remove any leftover food and clutter before going to sleep. Throw away any disposable cups and plates, as well as cans and bottles.
- Let the fresh air in: If your guests are smokers, opening the windows wide is definitely a good idea. Also, you should put all the trash away and wash as many dishes as you can before calling it a night.
- Start the laundry: You’ll thank yourself in the morning if you load the washing machine with bedcovers and table linens before going to bed. If there are any greasy or red wine stains, you can also soak them overnight in an eco-friendly stain-removing solution.
- Deal with the stains: spills and stains are an inevitable part of every party. Unless you want to spend ages trying to get rid of them the next day, you should sprinkle some baking soda on them and leave it overnight.
How do I clean my house after a party?
When you finally get down to actually cleaning the house, the task won’t feel so insurmountable if you did the bulk of the chore the night before. Here’s what you should do if you want to make your house spotless once again:
- Store or throw away decor. If you decorated your house prior to the party, you’ll have to remove any decorations. Disposable items can go to your trash can while those you intend to reuse should be stored away.
- Wipe all surfaces down. Use a clean damp cloth and an effective all-purpose cleaner to disinfect your kitchen surfaces, making sure to remove any spills and stains. Also, make sure to remove any food leftovers to prevent bacteria from spreading.
- Focus on the bathroom. Disinfecting your bathroom is a must after any party, especially if it was a big one. Pour a generous amount of toilet cleaner into the toilet bowl and scrub thoroughly with a brush to eliminate most of the germs.
- Vacuum and mop the floors. You’d be surprised how much dirt can end up on your floors after a party, especially if your guests didn’t take off their shoes. Make sure to vacuum all floors meticulously and mop them afterward.
- Do some focused cleaning if necessary. If you’ve taken all the previous steps, your home probably already looks pretty good. Still, you can take a look around to see if anything else needs to be cleaned. Once you’re done, it’s time to kick back and relax!
Leave your after-party housework to the #1 house cleaners in Calistoga!
Parties are all about having fun. Why let all the tedious chores take away from it when you could hire efficient cleanliness pros to do all the work for you? While they’re working their magic, you could go out and have some more fun at Bothe-Napa Valley State Park!
Sure, maintaining a clean and healthy home is essential, but why do it yourself? Reach out to Valencia Pro Cleaning Agency and forget about cleaning for once. The meticulous cleaning pros we’ll match you with will make sure your home looks impeccable while you focus on living your life to the fullest. Give us a call today!