It’s not easy being a working parent who has to keep the whole house spotless all by themselves. If your children and partner aren’t willing to pitch in, what you need is an effective method to get your family to help with housework.
Fortunately, the foremost cleaning service in Angwin is here to help you get a pristine home without breaking your back. Not only will your dependable cleaning pros give you advice on how to clean your bathroom, deep clean your house fast, and keep your home clutter-free, they’ll also use all the latest cleaning tools and techniques to give you a spotless home you’ve always wanted.
Read on to learn how to motivate your kids and partner to help you clean!
How do I motivate my family to clean my house?
It’s way too easy to spoil your family members and get them used to not having to clean. If you’ve made this mistake and want to turn the situation around, here’s what you should do:
- Try not to criticize: we know, it can be difficult to stop yourself from nagging when your kids and partner just won’t get off the couch. Still, criticizing isn’t the most effective way to motivate them to actually help. Be patient.
- Discuss it together: instead of nagging, try talking with your partner and kids about how difficult it is for you to stay on top of everything without putting too much pressure on them. This way, your family may finally understand that you just can’t do it all by yourself.
- Make it fun for the kids: young kids need a lot of stimulation to stay occupied. If a cleaning task is too boring, their attention will probably fade in the blink of an eye. Try to prevent this by putting some music on or turning it into a competition or game.
How do you teach kids to clean?
The earlier you start teaching your kids to help around the house, the better. However, if your children have already grown old enough to know they should help you, you’ll have to put in slightly more time and effort to motivate them to clean. Try the following tips:
- Don’t clean up after them. Once your kids realize their parents won’t always be around to clean up their mess, they’ll have to do something about it sooner or later.
- Don’t touch their room. They will probably be okay with their room being messy for a while, but they’re bound to get tired of it and clean it up at some point.
- Stop cleaning for a couple of days. The same goes for the whole family. Once they see what the house looks like after a couple of days without you cleaning it, they’ll have to get down to business.
- Give them incentives for cleaning. Some children need to know that there’s something in it for them to be motivated to do anything. Try rewarding them for every chore they do and see how it goes.
How do I help my child with housework?
The key to establishing good work habits for your kids is to start teaching them as early as possible. If you make an effort to engage your toddler in age-appropriate cleaning activities, they are sure to be much more willing to help you later on. Still, there are a couple of considerations to be made when teaching your young child to help with housework.
Keep your expectations in check
Your toddler can only do so much to help you clean up and that’s okay. It’s more than enough to teach them to return their toys and clothes to their proper place once they’re done using them. Another great idea is to let them wipe down surfaces with cleaning agents that are safe for kids and praise them for their effort.
Be clear in your instructions
Your kid will find cleaning much easier if they know precisely what you expect them to do. Try not to be vague when giving them instructions. For example, instead of telling them to clean up their room, tell them to make their bed first and pick up the toys after that.
Hire the #1 cleaning service in Angwin and enjoy more free time
Cleaning shouldn’t take up the majority of your time. Stressing out over chores can not only affect your health and make you unhappy, but it can also cause strife in your family. Why let that happen when you can rely on experienced cleaning professionals to help you?
Reach out to Valencia Pro Cleaning Agency and forget about your cleaning worries! With the help of the cleaning experts we match you with, you’ll finally have the time to explore Bothe-Napa Valley State Park with your family instead of fighting over who’s supposed to do what around the house. Contact us today!