You’ve got everything packed up and ready to go, but the work is still not complete. If you are moving out of a rental, you can’t leave until you properly clean the premises. This has a lot to do with the lease agreement you signed with your landlord. One of the key terms is usually the one that states you must thoroughly clean your rental before moving. There are three reasons to do so: to avoid tenancy disputes, get your deposit back, and get good referrals.
Perhaps you’ve just sold your property and are moving into a new home. Even though you are not required to clean your “old” house when you move out, it’s still a nice thing to do. Think of it as a welcoming gift to the new buyers. Getting in touch with Calistoga’s dependable move out cleaning service is always the best option, but here are a few guidelines if you do tackle the cleaning yourself.
What are the biggest move out cleaning mistakes and how to avoid them?
At first glance, cleaning the house before moving out seems like a pretty easy thing to do. Still, there are mistakes tenants and homeowners make with move out cleaning. To help you better organize for the move, remove these common mistakes from your cleaning.
1. Postponing the cleaning process
As might be expected, the last thing you think about when getting ready to move out is the cleaning. The first mistake people make is putting it off until the last minute. Without proper preparation, the cleaning process will be sloppy, putting you at risk of probable complaints from the landlord and potential loss of your deposit. Delaying the cleaning is a gateway to every other mistake you may make.
2. Forgetting to clean air vents, ducts and filters
Out of sight, out of mind. It’s easy to overlook cleaning air vents or filters as they are the usually hidden parts of the home. During your tenancy, they are prone to get very dirty and are also filled with bacteria. As they are hard to reach spots, use a vacuum or a microfiber duster with a more extended handle to clean these areas properly.
3. Failing to disinfect the bathroom
Bathrooms are breeding grounds for all sorts of bacteria and germs. A simple sweep of the bathroom surfaces just won’t cut it. Disinfect these areas:
- Sink: spray with a disinfectant product and sponge the inner and outer parts
- Toilet: apply toilet bowl cleaning liquid and scrub with a toilet brush
- Bathtub: use a cleaner with micro-scrubbing particles for greater results
- Tiles: remove tile grout with chlorine bleach solutions and an old toothbrush
- Floors: Finish with the flooring using bleach-based products
For maximum safety, rubber gloves and a mask for protection are a must when disinfecting any area of your home.
4. Overlooking the kitchen appliances
Over time, and especially if you are an avid cook, you will overcome the kitchen with all sorts of grease, grime, and food particles. Remove the splatter from your kitchen appliances by using eco-friendly products.
- Cabinet fronts: empty the shelves and sponge down the stains
- Oven and cooker hood: soak the oven’s grates in warm water to soften the burnt stains. Check the instruction manual on how to clean the cooker hood without damaging it.
- Dishwasher: Remove the filter and soak in warm water, add a cup of white vinegar in the container and run the dishwasher’s hot water cycle.
Where can I find Calistoga’s reputable move out cleaning company?
Cleaning before you move out can never be a fun activity. This is where we come in. Valencia Pro Cleaning provides you with the #1 move out cleaning service in Calistoga and the surrounding areas. Whether you require a deep clean of your property, post-construction cleaning, or recurring cleaning services, we offer premium quality cleaning.
Take a cruise to Wine Country and enjoy the beautiful weather, while expert cleaners get to work on your property. Give us a call, and let’s set up an appointment!